BCT15x/OKWIN issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanebevel

Hey guys, I have a weird issue that I cannot figure out with my scanner. The only thing I use this scanner for is scanning OKWIN.

I had manually entered the freqs and talkgroups I wanted for the Tulsa site and it worked great. Finally got around to trying ProScan and downloaded the OKWIN Tulsa site from here with the talk groups... I loaded it to the scanner and its all there, but I am hearing nothing. I have talkgroups activated via quick keys. The scanner shows that its in ID Scan mode, it shows that it is locked onto 858.9375 (alternate data channel). But it never hits an active ID.

I have gone over and over my settings. I am sure I am missing something... but I can't figure it out.

Any thoughts?

shanebevel

A couple additional notes... the actual radio works. If I hit HOLD and scroll through the freqs I can pick up both data and voice transmissions.

Also, the behavior is the same in ID Search mode.

Also, if I hit HOLD and then scroll to an ID that I know should carry traffic (say Gilcrease dispatch or Tulsa Street) I get nothing.

N5TWB

Way too late/early to go looking at specs on the 15x but I think your problem is those agencies have gone digital (P25 Phase 1) and the 15x doesn't do digital. Could be wrong, though...

shanebevel

Well, the 15x does not do digital, but TPD simulcasts dispatch on analog.

Strange though, the listing uses TGID that look like 31248. And when I just put in the system manually, that's what I saw. But the database I downloaded uses TGIDs like 300-4. If I try to replace the latter with the former, the radio tells me its an invalid TGID.

I have programmed trunking scanners for a while now, but this is the first one I have every tried to program with alpha tags and everything using a computer. And the first one I have used that is dynamic memory as well.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
I would predict that TPD Will be completely switching over within 1 to 2 months, so you will need a digital scanner

Perhaps someone else knows the exact date… And perhaps they may stay on Motorola SmartZone II as well...

shanebevel

OK, but that doesn't change the issue, there are tons of analog channels on that system and I am hearing nothing.

So there's an issue somehow. Does anyone know what the fleetmap setting should be for OKWIN?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It's a MOT Type II - no fleetmap.

I think the problem is the rebanded flag is set in the RRDB which is good however when you imported in ProScan, the Site type got set to Custom with no band plan because the Band Plan info is in the P25 data but your scanner is not capable of P25 reception. That being said, change the Site Type from Custom to Standard, Upload to scanner, and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.