BCT15X Picking up half of the transmissions of my local PD EDACS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeroc417

Hello, I am fairly new to scanning, but I do know how to program ect. So basically I have my BCT15X programmed to scan my local Pd, everything is programmed correctly. The thing is when I listen for example dispatch could call the call sign of a a unit, then it waits 30 seconds and the dispatch says “received” and I miss the transmission beewtwn the officer and dispatcher deeming the scanner pointless. Sometimes I catch it sometimes I don’t. I have a aftermarket good antenna and have full bars. It’s only on the EDACS channels this happens. On conventional channels I get whole transmissions. My squelch is set to 2. I don’t know why this is and would like to get the whole conversation on the transmissions. Sorry I I worded this confusingly, don’t really know how to explain it otherwise. Thank you in advance.

wtp

i see two tower in ulster

could it be that they hit one tower and you have the other one ?
or do you have both towers in ?
you could also check the settings on the systems.
hold should be at 2
delay should be at 0
they are two different things.

Ubbe

It could be some problem with patched TG's that the BCT15x can't handle properly?

I haven't had an EDACS system since 15 years back but at that time there was a computer decoding program that decoded the control channel so that you could see what was really happening while the scanner where trying to follow the conversations.

/Ubbe

deeroc417

They may be using AEGIS or ProVoice as well which is digital and beyond the capability of your scanner.

Upon further review I noticed my county is indeed using EDACS along with AEGIS. Guess that explains why I sometimes only hear half the story. Thank you for the reply and information. I guess I’ll wait for them to go full digital and then purchase a digital scanner.

wtp

ok

i don't know but could it be that they are on the other tower and the base could be transmitting on its home tower and the satellite tower ? but you would need to hear both to answer this.
also delay set to 2 and hold set to 0
they are not the same thing.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Upon further review I noticed my county is indeed using EDACS along with AEGIS. Guess that explains why I sometimes only hear half the story. Thank you for the reply and information. I guess I’ll wait for them to go full digital and then purchase a digital scanner.

There are no scanners that can handle AEGIS so don't hold your breath to see if someone makes one...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.