BCT15X Preprogrammed State Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
I will be traveling to Central Pennsylvania soon and will be taking along my BCT 15X. We do not have trunked systems up here, but they do where we are going. I have never programmed one of these before and figured that a few daays would not be sufficient time to ensure accuracy.

Therefore, my question is, if I scan the preprogrammed public safety bank for PA, might these counties' trunked systems already be in there? If not, what exactly is in these banks, and is there a way to see a list of freqs/areas on the web? It would be great if I could take the radio without hours of programming. Help please!

russellmaher

KC1ANC
You could tell us which specific counties you're going to monitor and then you might get answers to your question.

Also, remember that you're using a scanner with analog voice only...not digital..so that in itself could eliminate a number of systems to monitor.

Russell

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would spend some time in the Pa. forum. If you're going to Dauphin County, they have a new P25 system that, as I understand it, has a fair amount of encryption, and Cumberland is, I think using Open Sky - neither of which you could monitor with that scanner.

As for the state preprogrammed stuff, I'd get FreeScan and a USB/serial cable, and simply dump the raw contents of the scanner and see what it has.

Mike

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
The counties I want to monitor that have analog trunked systems are only Centre and Frederick, MD if possible. About a half dozen counties were eliminated once I checked out the system type and mode. I suppose if I missed out on two counties, it wouldn't be the end of thw world, but still, if these are already in the scanner, then I would definitely like to take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.