Bct15x program to Australia nsw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flory2000

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a bct15x police scanner and having trouble programing it to Australia nsw freq bought of eBay from America can someone help me thanks

zl2taw

what freq do need programmed ?
Have you read the manual ?
Are you trying to program trunking ?
As far as I know NSW is a digital network, the BCT15X is analogue & cannot monitor the freqs

Flory2000

Premium Subscriber
bct15x

yeah i want to program it to central west i think the freq are 416.21250 to 417.67500 i am not to sure i am new to the scanners can i hook up the scanner to a program on my computer and do it that way it would be a lot better cheers

Comint

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a bct15x police scanner and having trouble programing it to Australia nsw freq bought of eBay from America can someone help me thanks
Both the NSWGRN and the NSWPF use APCO P25, which the BCT15X scanner is not capable of monitoring.

It would help if you said what frequency you are trying to program, and what area of NSW you are in.

--
Comint

W2PMX

Central West is a P25 CAI system (NSW Government Radio Network (P25) Trunking System, NSW Statewide and ACT, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies) so the 15 should handle it with no problem. (I use one to listen to a similar system - Suffolk County Trunking System, Suffolk County, New York - Scanner Frequencies)

You can use Freescan if you run Windows (or Linux with Wine) to program the scanner. (Freescan haz a nice little utility that lets you copy the page from the Radio Reference database and paste it into the program.)

Just program in the control frequencies (the ones in red) for the sites you want (basically the ones close to you), and choose the talkgroups you want to listen to. You might want to make separate groups for each type of service (ambulance, fire, etc.) or you might want to put them all in one group. (The difference is that you can enable or disable a group, so you can listen to ambulance calls today, fire calls tomorrow.) It's a matter of personal choice.

N8IAA

Actually, no, he can't. It is a P-25 dgital system. Not a mixed mode system like yours. There is no analog at all. You will need a scanner capable of decoding digital signals. The info your countymen have provided is correct.
Larry

W2PMX

Larry, you're correct - I didn't scroll down to the talkgroups.

Flory, no - the 15 is totally useless for that system. You need a 346, 396 or Home Patrol if you want to stay with Uniden. GRE also makes some digital scanners.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Larry, you're correct - I didn't scroll down to the talkgroups.

Flory, no - the 15 is totally useless for that system. You need a 346, 396 or Home Patrol if you want to stay with Uniden. GRE also makes some digital scanners.

The 346 isn't digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.