BCT15X Scanning question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clgerwick

I just bought this scanner about 2 weeks ago. I have it programmed with 2 conventional systems and 2 motorola systems. It spends about 3-4 seconds on each system when it is scanning. I have about 10 or so frequencies in the trunked system and 7-8 frequencies in the conventionals. I have about 3 or 4 channels listed as priority (dispatch channels). But I notice on my other scanner that I have it picks up as soon as someone keys up where as my new one continues to scan through until it gets to that system and then it will pick up the channel that is talking. Is this normal for this scanner to do this? It just seems like I am missing a lot of traffic that I should be hearing.

clgerwick

I turned all the priority channels off, still the same.

2 motorola systems.
1 has 5 frequencies, with 2 talkgroup id's, and the other has 5 frequencies with 11 talkgroup id's.
and with the 2 conventional systems, 1 has 8 frequencies and the other only has 3 frequencies.

Last edited:

kd4eaq

Premium Subscriber
I have the original BCT 15. In the menu for each site, check the "Hold Time" setting. I have mine set to "1"; it determines how long the system is held during scanning. If you set each one to 1 or 2 sec, it should increase scanning. The "Delay Time" setting is for individual channels. Hope this helps.

clgerwick

Thanks! that's what it needed. It's scanning a lot faster now. Thanks for the help.

I will eventually learn how to run this thing!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Most people set the Hold time to 0. This will make the scanner check each conventional frequency only one time before moving to the next system. For trunked systems, the scanner does not scan the frequencies. It sits on the control channel long enough to catch any channel grants or channel updates out of the control channel data (which takes about 1-2 seconds).

Status
Not open for further replies.