BCT15X Search While Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

empireco

I'd like some help on how to search while scanning.

I have my custom scan set up with a startup key and a quick key to search while scanning but when I go into scan mode and start scanning a system when I press the startup key to start the search while scanning nothing happens but a triple low beep telling me that input isn't accepted.
There's obviously something I'm not understanding and doing wrong here.

wscranston

I've never been able to get "Search with Scan" working either, even the "Easier to Read" guide is unclear. In fact I've never been able to get the "Search Keys' working. So following.

empireco

I got it figured out. You have to go in under the search with scan menu and select unlock.

It doesn't exactly search at the same time it's scanning a system, it switches back and fourth between them depending on how long you set the search hold time.

Still, a really cool and powerful feature I've never seen on any other scanner before except Unidens
I'm sure my 996P2 will do it also.

wtp

set the search hold time to zero (0) to get things done faster.
and check the hold time on the system you are scanning and set that to zero also.

HOLD and DELAY are two different things.
hold is how long it dwells on the system,
delay is how long the radio waits for a reply after a squelch break.

and if you set up custom scan with search and scan, run through it once and lockout any birdies.

wscranston

Ahh!!!! Ok.

So what exactly are the "Startup Keys" mentioned in the manual? Supposedly 0-9 can be assigned to a Custom or Service Search. How do I use them? Are these the same as the "Search Keys" 1-3?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ahh!!!! Ok.

So what exactly are the "Startup Keys" mentioned in the manual? Supposedly 0-9 can be assigned to a Custom or Service Search. How do I use them? Are these the same as the "Search Keys" 1-3?
No, not the same as the Search Keys.

See this:

You can assign different startup keys to various systems. Then, hold down the number (0 though 9) when powering up the scanner. Only the systems that have that specific startup key assigned (and any others, with no assigned startup) will be enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.