BCT15X sensitivity compared to BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Just wondering if anyone who has both models, a BCT15X and a BCD996XT, can comment on the VHF sensitivity of both units.
I have a BCD996XT that I've had for a few years now, and for my area I find the sensitivity (for marine and rail VHF specifically) is perfect. I'm near a rather noisy MotoTRBO repeater that destroys the front end of my GREs even with a notch filter in line, but my Uniden deals with it very well. So I'm planning on selling my GREs and buying a BCT15X to devote mostly to rail and marine listening and wondering if the sensitivity (or lack of?) is similar to the BCD996XT. I'm assuming it would be as they're "brothers" :lol:
Thanks

awattam

They are both pretty much the same as far as sensitivity goes. The BCT15x is an excellent analog scanner.

CommLt

Feed Provider
I don't own a 996XT but was having problems setting up my feed using several scanners. I purchased a 15X and started receiving what I had been missing. This was even after coax and antenna trials. Even stopped using a yagi and went back to the discone. I was sold on the sensitivity/selectivity.

Ive got the 15X and 996XT,,Both perform equally well on moto800,just about matched performance,despite having them on separate antennas(996XT is on an 800Yagi and 15X is on a wide band discone)

No complaints with either.Love em both!

Status
Not open for further replies.