BCT15X Terminology Clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeRich

Premium Subscriber
Hi folks.

I've owned this BCT15X for a handful of years and I've looked everywhere for some leadership but it doesn't seem to be out there. I'm a >20 year HAM operator and I simply cannot get my head around this unit.

Can someone explain to me the following terminology?

systems, sites, groups, channels

Also, all the possible modes that I can run on this thing.

I don't need leadership on programming the unit. I've found software and have that all working somehow. It's all in there for what I need (Toronto as a home unit) so it isn't using things like GPS and all the fluffy stuff. I'd rather keep that out of it and just learn how to use memories and ranges in the VFO.

I would appreciate it.

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
In addition to the numerous folks here (and since you mentioned Toronto as your area, the Scanont Yahoo group, as well as our Ontario forum) we have a couple of articles in our wiki that will help...this first one has links to just about everything you need to know to get you started, including links to the Easier to Read manuals (at the bottom of...)

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

And since Fleetnet is in your neck of the woods, keep this handy once you get comfortable....

Programming your Uniden DMA (Dynamic Memory Scanner) scanner for Bell Mobility Radio's Fleetnet system - The RadioReference Wiki

There's really no easy tutorial on these scanners (some folks like YouTube videos - I just don't get that....) so many will ask for a file (for a given software package) that you can experiment with to get your feet wet.

Mike

BeeRich

Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike.

I've scoured the "Easier to Read" versions several times. They were no help. A previous post put me onto a page and I've found another page that describes the relationships of these entities. I've already programmed the unit months/years ago. The whole Radioreference bit is old hat. I just can't navigate this thing for the life of me.

I'll check out the links. Thanks for the reply. Cheers

BeeRich

Premium Subscriber
I've scoured that as well. Hopefully by the end of today I will get all of this straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.