BCT15X: BCT15X trapped in Custom 10? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I have been using Uniden scanners for longer than I can remember, but I can't figure this out with the BCT15X. We had the power go out tonight, when it came back on my scanner is trapped in the Custom menus, which I have never ever used, not once. I can't seem to get out of them, and it seems to be stuck on Custom 10, just scanning the 800mhz band, and I just want it scanning system 1 and system 2 as it has done 24/7 for the past two years, nothing else.

I tried looking at the online manual, I find nothing on this.

Anyone know how to get this back to normal? I tried to recreate it on my 996XT and 996P2 scanners, but can't.

Your help is appreciated.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Erase all existing systems before you add the new ones. If you're using Freescan it's a checkbox when you go to upload your program to the scanner if I remember correctly.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I ended up rewriting the scanner and now I can't stop scanning f--ing Alabama.
Erasing all the systems will not affect what the OP is seeing. Sounds like you have it in BearTracker mode, which scans one or more state's common public safety frequencies.

See this section in the Easier to Read manual on how to get out of BearTracker mode.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I ended up wiping the 15X holding down 2/9/hold and rewriting it. Which lead me to being stuck scanning Alabama ... but I figured that out. Now I remember why I only had one 15X and stuck with the 996XT and now 996P2.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I ended up wiping the 15X holding down 2/9/hold and rewriting it. Which lead me to being stuck scanning Alabama ... but I figured that out. Now I remember why I only had one 15X and stuck with the 996XT and now 996P2.
You do have the option if using ProScan to disable the BearTracker scanning.
1658894065550.png

In FreeSCAN, you can only select a state, not lock it out completely. As I don't use ARC-XT, I cannot varify whether that software does (or does not) have the capability of disabling BT.

VE3RADIO

All you need to do is press the "POL" button once... if I recall... either that or the "HP" button.. usually after a 2+9+HOLD you will need to press both of those buttons to turn off the default crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.