BCT15X trunk programming noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

I'm trying to wrap my head around programming my scanner to monitor a MOT simulcast system in Sarpy County Nebraska. I spent the better part of a day manually entering about a third of all the talk groups. I have to be missing some basic element because when I scan I'm hearing NOTHING on the MOT systems and groups I have entered. Anyone out there that can slap me in the back of the head and tell me what I may be overlooking? Perhaps a setup and configuration file I could load?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
144009ALE Common 1LE Common 1 Interop
656029ALE Common 2LE Common 2 Interop
592025ALE AdminLE Administration Interop
38448963DELELE Interop
401129cbDELE DigitalLE Digital Law Tac
38416961DELaw FireLE/Fire
Under Mode DE = Digital FULLTIME ENCRYPTION you can not hear.
Under Mode A = Analog you can hear.
DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
398249b9DSarpyCo FD DispFire Dispatch Fire Dispatch
Under Mode D = Digital P25 you need a P25 scanner to hear.

wbswetnam

It could be that they're simply not using the analog channels. My local PD has dispatch 1 which is encrypted, and dispatch 2 which is in the clear. Well, guess which one they always use? Yep! The enc one.

NebraskaCoder

You need to use the Digital System. The analog system is pretty much dead. Go to the ORION system and use the Sarpy site frequencies. See the Nebraska forum for additional details about the move.

N6JPA

A Ham Radio Operator With too much frequency.
I'm trying to wrap my head around programming my scanner to monitor a MOT simulcast system in Sarpy County Nebraska. I spent the better part of a day manually entering about a third of all the talk groups. I have to be missing some basic element because when I scan I'm hearing NOTHING on the MOT systems and groups I have entered. Anyone out there that can slap me in the back of the head and tell me what I may be overlooking? Perhaps a setup and configuration file I could load?
That county is Digital APCO-25 Type 1. You need a digital scanner.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The database page for Sarpy County is contradictory. It shows Bellevue using the Sarpy County P25 system. But if you look at that system, it's flagged as deprecated, no longer in use.

Based on comments down in the Nebraska forum, as well as notes on the ORION system's page, Sarpy rolled their system into ORION, and have a number of talkgroups on that system. Comments on the system page shows that the Sarpy system was merged into ORION late November of last year. As already noted above, the ORION system is digital, so there are no analog talkgroups that could still be monitored with the BCT15X.

Horatio

Thank you to everyone. I was thinking that was the case so it doesn't surprise me. Guess I'm going to have to save my pennies for a digital scanner. From what I see they are awfully expensive,

kwboehm

I have a Home Patrol installed in my car. I can no longer receive Sarpy County. I've updated the firmware and database, but I still get nothing from Sarpy. I actually get Omaha better now. I've also lost Lincoln / Lancaster County except for Lincoln Fire Dispatch. When then migrated was it to a system that's too new for the Home Patrol, or is it something else (I don't want to say the word in the warning at the top of the page).

Status
Not open for further replies.