ARCXT: BCT15X USB-1 Connection issue

marvinsuggs

Premium Subscriber
I'm using ARCXT software with a BCT15X scanner and USB-1 Cable. The scanner comes with a serial port cable, unfortunately my computer doesn't have a serial port. I bought a USB-1 Cable from Amazon to overcome that. Apparently the computer doesn't have the right driver. I went through the Uniden/Scannermaster rabbit hole searching for the correct driver, but got nowhere. Any help is greatly appreciated. Marvin N5RKW

JSteel

Premium Subscriber
I'm using ARCXT software with a BCT15X scanner and USB-1 Cable. The scanner comes with a serial port cable, unfortunately my computer doesn't have a serial port. I bought a USB-1 Cable from Amazon to overcome that. Apparently the computer doesn't have the right driver. I went through the Uniden/Scannermaster rabbit hole searching for the correct driver, but got nowhere. Any help is greatly appreciated. Marvin N5RKW

I just installed them from here the other day: http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/USB-1Drivers

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Any help is greatly appreciated. Marvin N5RKW
-

With the cable connected to your computer....

Look in your computer's "device manager" under the heading "Ports (COM and LPT)" to see if there is a valid "COM" port assigned to that cable when it's plugged in to the computer. If there is a COM shown for that cable, the cable and driver are working. If it doesn't have a COM port number assigned to it, is there an error message there? What exactly does the error message say?