BCT15X used in Let's Be Cops movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
oh no

Whats weird is the radio is on 53.980MHZ and the thing is set to custom search.Isnt that the 6 meter ham radio band?
Whats PL DT NP BT at the bottom anyone know?Dont think its a 996XT ,its a bct15X,look at next to the buttons.

Attachments

• POOF.png
    POOF.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 588
  • popp.png
    popp.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I think you may be right as the buttons are different but they are different from the other one in the picture too if you look next to the PRI button. I just assumed it was the 996XT since it is one of the more newer ones but then again it just needs to be a prop which I am sure that explains the freq too.

I wonder how much Uniden is making off that?

PACNWDude

Very nice. BCT15's are great to find strong signals in the local area. Have had one for several years. If I had more room in my car, it would be mounted in the dash.

KE5TLF

Yeah looks hilarious.

Kind of funny too, I was just throwing around an idea in my head the other day about a wiki article for "famous" (infamous?) scanner appearances in some shows/movies.

Like Sam Axe's trusty old PRO-83, then in the last season or two I think they switched to a PRO-107 iirc.

...or McGee's magical, olive drab BR330T (I think it was?) on NCIS....LOL

cpuerror

The 15 was also in one of the recent die hard movies. Bruce Willis hooked up a mic to it and used it to transmit on the cb band while the radio was on 6m. You might think that is impossible, but this is Bruce Willis we are talking about.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Whats weird is the radio is on 53.980MHZ and the thing is set to custom search. Isn't that the 6 meter ham radio band?
Yes, 53.980 MHz is in the 6m amateur radio band (50-54 MHz).

I'm surprised that an FCC-licensed amateur radio operator wouldn't know that.

RadioDaze

This looks like a stupid, profane movie about accidental whackers on steroids.

Guess I'll see it, too.

Interesting: It obviously is supposed to take place in and around Los Angeles, but according to IMDB, it's filmed in Atlanta. I suppose they couldn't be running around LA looking that much like LAPD without some unintended consequences.

Last edited:

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
The 15 was also in one of the recent die hard movies. Bruce Willis hooked up a mic to it and used it to transmit on the cb band while the radio was on 6m. You might think that is impossible, but this is Bruce Willis we are talking about.

Well yeah, anyone who can cut an incoming asteroid in half with his bare hands and stop supercriminal mastermind brothers on both coasts can make a scanner transmit on whatever band he wants. Everyone knows that.

-AZ

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Well yeah, anyone who can cut an incoming asteroid in half with his bare hands and stop supercriminal mastermind brothers on both coasts can make a scanner transmit on whatever band he wants. Everyone knows that.

-AZ

AJ helped, remember! LOL

KE5TLF

Uniden BC340CRS shown rather prominently, and of course being used improperly, on this weeks episode of "Scandal".

Status
Not open for further replies.