BCT15: BCT15X vs BCT15

Status
Not open for further replies.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
This is purely an opinion based thread, I just want to know everyone's general thoughts on the matter.

I love my BCT15X in my work truck (coupled with an Austin Spectra), it picks up everything plus more. I have a second work truck that needs a scanner but money is always tight. I never considered it but the opportunity arouse on a BCT15 for around $80. This beats the heck out of the $175 for a new 15X obviously, but will I see any performance difference between the 15 and the 15X? Minus some memory size difference, I dont see any difference between the two scanners. The owner claims its is good shape with original box and cables......I'll let you guys decide if its a worthwhile buy.

Thanks for your input.

rbm

I have a lot of BCT15's and BCT15X's.

Other than the capacity for more frequencies in the later model, I consider them to be completely interchangeable.

I rarely need or use any of the other features.

The only time I can recall was when a technician had adjusted the deviation too low on one of the transmitters.
I was able to use the volume offset on that one frequency to make up for it.
And that was only for a week or two until they had him back to 'fix' the problem.

For $80 each, I'd buy five more BCT15's. ;)

Rich

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have both those scanners and the BCT15X is definitely better. I have used each to supply my feed, upgrading to the BCT15X.

The reception, audio, display, and the extra features are well worth the little difference in price. If you are used to the BCT15X I think you will be disappointed with the older model. There are used BCT15Xs out there too.

The BCT15 also has an inferior headphone jack which can permanently mute the internal speaker.

This page describes the differences (in bold).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.