BCT15x Wireless Programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltonBill

Hi I have my BCT15X set up away from where I normally sit and wanted a way to use it without having to run a coax into my lounge so I bought myself a Bluetooth serial adaptor off ebay (paying just over UK £5) from China to try on my BCT15X. I don't know if it has been covered on here and my apologies if it has. The board came preset to baud rate 9600 and I left it on that baud rate. the board comes with a D9 Male socket so I used a female to female gender changer (that was about UK £1.50) so it plugs into the back of the BCT15X. The board requires a 5 Volt supply to the onboard micro usb socket I had a usb to micro usb lead (as shown below) so I used a 5volt usb power bank to run the serial board as D9 does not have a voltage pin on it. I setup Proscan and set the baud rate to 9600 and set the BCT15X Baudrate to 9600 for the rear socket. On the Bluetooth serial board I set the 3 position switch to slave. when you run Proscan for the first time click on port setup and it will show a couple of com ports so just try each but it is probably the highest numbered com port showing. At that point it connected and I had full control of my BCT15X. If I want to listen to my scanner I can use Proscan and use cordless headphones to listen on. Hope somebody finds this helpful. My serial board had 1234 as password when I got it.8382283823

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
From everyting I've read seven is the maximum possible, but 2-4 is normally what will actually work. Not sure if the devices can be all the same either.

Status
Not open for further replies.