Bct15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruauper2

I'm fairly new to this game and utterly devoid of how to program the above. I'm way too old to be learning new tricks so would welcome suggestions as to programming software I could install. Right now I'm living in Tucson, AZ there are a couple of Motorola and one LTR sites I'd like to add to the 15X. My summers are spent in Michigan's Upper Peninsuls where the State Police coordinate commications via MPSCS but solving that problem will have to wait for a few months.

AThanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Everyone has their own opinion for software, but if you're just starting out on the cheap (i.e. want something free) you lose nothing by using FreeScan. As the name implies, it's freeware. You can always migrate to ARCXT later.

The user manual for FreeScan is hosted in our wiki. (note:anything in blue is a link).

To get you started, I would begin by asking some questions of your fellow Arizona scannists in our Arizona forum. A good place to begin is also to read our DMA FAQ, which is also hosted in our wiki. You can find it easily; go to the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad, float your mouse over wiki then select FAQs. Select the Uniden DMA FAQ from the supplied list.

73 Mike

K7CAR

I have the same scanner and my best advice would be to download and learn how to use FreeScan. If you know how to cut and paste there's an EZ Grab function within FreeScan that will make it very simple to add conventional frequencies. Trunking is a bit more difficult, so read the referenced Wiki. You're stuck using the online manual or the Easier to Read manual for the BCT15. Easier to Read BCT-15 Scanner Manual The BCT15x is the update to the BCT15, so they are similar enough that this online source should help.

Ask lots of questions and read up on others having trouble. There's no lack of that on here!.....:) All of the DMA Uniden scanners share the basics for programming, so the 346xt, 396xt, 996xt should give you some helpful info. Written manual or the ability to print an online manual seem to be the biggest complaints, but Uniden has turned a deaf ear to that. Online video tutorial would be a big addition for new comers also, but hasn't happened yet. There is a trunking tutorial on the Uniden website that gives you the basics of trunking systems, but stops at that, so doesn't give you any programming help.

There's information out there, but spread all over the place, so be patient and try not to get too frustrated. Take it one step at a time it will eventually start to click. Then you can come on here in a month or two after you've forgot the frustration and tell everyone how easy it was!.....:)

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
A scanner friend goes up to that area in Michigan to skee and spend time in the summer, you will not hear the Michigan State Police on the 15X as its "analog" only and most of that area is "Digital" as is most of the whole state of Michigan with many countys and towns....

Status
Not open for further replies.