BCT15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

okeywvu

I love my scanner. But I was wanting to know how I can eliminate engine, power line noise from making my scanner stop on certain frequencies all the time. Is any thing I can do to filter these types of noises? Thanks in advance

Redneck0410

I love my scanner. But I was wanting to know how I can eliminate engine, power line noise from making my scanner stop on certain frequencies all the time. Is any thing I can do to filter these types of noises? Thanks in advance

Try an in-line noise filter, like you would find in a truckstop. I've seen it work on CB radios, so maybe it would work with a BCT15X. It's got the same three-wire setup as you would find on Cobra or Uniden CB radios made around the mid-90's to mid-00's. Other than that, maybe route the power wire away from the rest of your wiring (I don't know how your radio is wired in, just a thought). Sometimes, the smallest things make the biggest difference.

-Shawn

N9IGD

Get a 500mfd capacitor at radio shack. Solder the + end of the cap to the B+ (positive) end, then the negative side goes to ground. That should help a lot if it's noise from the motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.