Freescan: BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

tip

Premium Subscriber
New BCT15X owner, using Freescan.

Have a question about System, Group, Channel.

Used Freescan to populate some stuff via RR. Below is a snapshot. My question ...In the FedMed and Massachusetts systems, in the group listing, there are entries that don't show up as [GRP].

What are the meanings of the MU2, and M82S indicators?

Capture1.PNG

Thanks.

Tom

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I think I've identified the systems you have shown here;

a. The one marked MU2 is an obvious one...

Federal Medical Center Devens Trunking System, Devens, Massachusetts - Scanner Frequencies

This is a Motorola Type 2 UHF system that evidently has no talkgroups yet

b. The one marked M82S might be...

Massachusetts State Police Trunking System, Statewide, Massachusetts - Scanner Frequencies

This is a Motorola Type 800 Mhz 2Smartzone system. Depending on whether you're using the 15x base or mobile, you will undoubtedly have to chop the number of sites down because you will never hear all of them unless you're traveling all over the state. I don't know much about how this system distributes its talkgroups to know whether they're simulcast on every site or not - that will influence how you program it.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well the first one is simple, and it looks OK as is for now. It looks like you have site QK1 for this system already set up

However the Mass State Police system needs some work. You should do some research to see which site(s) you would need to have (depending on whether you use the scanner at home or in your car), and whether all talkgroups are rebroadcast among all sites (simulcasting). If not you will need to isolate which site(s) utilize which talkgroup(s) and when they are used (usually in some sort of Zoning setup). You can find out more about that in our Mass. forum or on the Scan New England website which has forums by areas.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.