bct15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willisht

I can not seem to be able to program my scanner correctly. I used the import option from my state and county and all other info asked for the import but still can not receive a thing. Need some help

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What all new people to the hobby need to learn and answer these questions.
1. What is it you want to hear? (Police, Fire, EMS, what is the range you expect (how far do you want to hear)?
2. Where are you located?
3. What is your budget?
4. Do your homework What Type Systems are in use in your area. (P25, DMR, NXDN, SIMULCAST, TRUNKING)?
5. How technological savvy are you?
6. Do you want a Base Mobile or Handheld?
7. Do you understand BASIC COMPUTER COMMANDS (DOS COMMANDS)?
8. If needed can you put up your own outside antenna?
9. If you require assistance PLEASE LIST
A. Where you are.
B. What type Scanner you have.
C. How you are trying to program it (by hand or Software and IF BY SOFTWARE WHAT BRAND AND VERSION.
D. What problem you are having.
Answering all the above questions will give you the best option to buy the scanner that best works in your requirements and get you the best assistance from the members here.
There is not 1 member here that can answer a question posted this way. MY SCANNER DOES NOT RECEIVE.

Willisht

I live in Michigan,it is simulcast project 25 phase 1, BCT15X,using freescan, I have outside antenna, looking for Police, and Fire

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
what exactly are you trying to listen to
and if you are trying to listen to a digital system on an analogue scanner it will never work.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
But in this case it's correct. The MPSCS system is a Project 25 type which the 15X won't handle...and as it's simulcast on some sites, the SDS100 and 200 are the ones to look at, says the RR Salesman. I would look at the threads in the Michigan forum and ask questions there. It's possible that in some areas, the 996P2 - which is far cheaper - might work, but only a local would know.

Mike

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
We know a SDS200 will work. We also know a 996P2 might work under perfect conditions so this is what it boils down to.
Do you spend $400 for a 996P2 and it not work pay return shipping plus restocking and lose $100 then pay $700 for the SDS200 which turns out to be net $800 because you tried to cheap out.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The reason I said the 996P2 might work - in some situations - is that evidently, only some of the sites are simulcast, which would give most scanners fits. If the OP is closer to a site that is not simulcast, there's a decent chance that it would work. But again, only a local can really say for sure...Mike

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you can borrow a unit to see if it will work at your location despite the simulcast, there's nothing wrong with that. But if you want something that consistently works receiving simulcast, and will consistently receive simulcast while mobile, the lower-end models aren't going to do the job.

Willisht

We know a SDS200 will work. We also know a 996P2 might work under perfect conditions so this is what it boils down to.
Do you spend $400 for a 996P2 and it not work pay return shipping plus restocking and lose $100 then pay $700 for the SDS200 which turns out to be net $800 because you tried to cheap out.
Got a new 996P2 it works great. thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.