Bct15xt/996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireant

I have looked for a thread on here to try to answer the question. However, is there a big difference in reception on the newest two mobile units from Uniden? My father borrowed my BCT 15 and wants to buy it from me. So I thought I may replace with one of the two models listed above and was just curious how the reception was compared if it was any better then the older models? I may hold out though and just sit on the money and see what comes out next from Uniden or GRE.

Thanks

fireant

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
All you need to do is to look at the wiki and compare the 2. The differences between, say the BCT15X and BCT15 are in bold. And of course, the 15X is analog only and has less channel capacity than the 996XT. 73 Mike

fireant

Yes, I had read the wiki but reception wise do they receive better than there older counterparts? I know that my BCT 15 was pretty deaf to things some of my other radios picked up. I was just wondering if they had seen any improvements in the sensitivity of the radios since the new updated models had been put out.

I guess I was looking for someone who had a BCT 15 and upgraded to a BCT15XT or someone who had the 996T and purchased a 996XT. I was just curious if the sensitivity and reception with the newer models was a improvement.

fireant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.