BCT246T Set-up Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerskyline8

For my Dad's birthday we purchased a BC246T scanner so he can listen to the local police and fire department. He had a regular analog scanner for years but the police department changed to digital signals and his old scanner would pick up a loud static noise instead of normal transmissions on the channels he used to listen to. I put in the frequencies found here: Laurens County, Georgia (GA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference onto his BC246T. However, the same thing happens. The scanner detects the frequency and stops, but the only sound that comes out is loud static. This happens on the frequencies with a mode listed as DMR instead of FM. I am obviously doing something wrong and would like some help. Thanks!

captclint

Mentor
For my Dad's birthday we purchased a BC246T scanner so he can listen to the local police and fire department. He had a regular analog scanner for years but the police department changed to digital signals and his old scanner would pick up a loud static noise instead of normal transmissions on the channels he used to listen to. I put in the frequencies found here: Laurens County, Georgia (GA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference onto his BC246T. However, the same thing happens.
Welcome to RR. Sorry, but the 246 can not receive ANY digital signals. Worse, DMR/MotoTRBO can not be monitored by ANY scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.