BCT7 and BCT15

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSmith102

I've had my BCT15 for about a week now, and like it very much. However, I have noticed something strange when comparing it to the BCT7. For example, I tuned in to a sort of radio station on the BCT7 that was at 806.3375MHz, and then tried doing the same on the BCT15. Oddly enough, whereas the BCT7 would pick up the station's broadcast, the BCT15 just played static.

I then tried to select AM, FM, NFM, WFM, and WFM (Broadcast) bands on the BCT15 with the same frequency (806.3375MHz) to determine if it was simply the wrong band. No such luck. It still played static. How is it possible that the older scanner would pick up the radio signal, while the BCT15 would simply play static?

I also tried swapping the antenna that the BCT7 was using and tried it on the BCT15, and still the same thing.

Any ideas?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sound like an image frequency on the BCT-7, meaning it should not be there and the BCT15 is working correctly.

Are you saying the squelch is opened on the BCT15 and plays static?

JackSmith102

That makes sense.. The squelch is not open on the BCT15 when I tune to that frequency unless I myself open it, which I did to see if it would pick anything up.

JackSmith102

Oh, and does the BCT15 have an image frequency itself?? If so, do you know what it might be?

Thanks

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I don't know of any. In the range you are talking about, and higher frequencies, stringent effort is made by the FCC to suppress images in order to prevent you from listening in on those all important analog cellular telephone calls. Frequencies of this nature are usually a product of the IF of the radio mixing with the original transmitted frequency.

Take a look at this: http://www.dxing.com/selscan.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.