Bct7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_verasso

Just got me a BCT7 today. It is a whole lot better that the other one i have. I did not realize how many agencies were on 800-900 in the Houston area. Of all of the antennas I have tried on it today the best antenna was a Diaper pin. It received better than all of them. I don't have a manual for it and have been reading up on it. (online) I read that it has 100 channels & 6 banks. I can only program 25 channels and 8 or 9 DPS (hwy patrol) channels. Can someone tell me the best place to find a manual for this model that I do not have to order or pay for?

Thanks guys.....

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just got me a BCT7 today. It is a whole lot better that the other one i have. I did not realize how many agencies were on 800-900 in the Houston area. Of all of the antennas I have tried on it today the best antenna was a Diaper pin. It received better than all of them. I don't have a manual for it and have been reading up on it. (online) I read that it has 100 channels & 6 banks. I can only program 25 channels and 8 or 9 DPS (hwy patrol) channels. Can someone tell me the best place to find a manual for this model that I do not have to order or pay for?

Thanks guys.....
Try this link
http://www.uniden.com/pdf/BCT7om.pdf

If that doesn't work directly, just go to the main Uniden page, then select owner's manuals, then product type scanners, then select the BCT7 from the list.

Remember that virtually all of the TX DPS channels being used now, are used in P25 (digital) mode. While the analog ones are still in the database, just in case, anything labeled as "P25" in the 'mode' column will not be receivable on your BCT7. You'll just hear noise, much like static, on the digital transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.