BCT8 and system types

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullmax

I am wondering if anyone can help me determine which system types goes with what the scanner displays.

System Types:
* Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
* Motorola Type II Smartzone
* EDACS Standard

What displays on the scanner:
* E2-800 (Motorola Type II 800 MHz)
* E2-Hi (Motorola Type II VHF 136-174 MHz) *
* E2-UHF (Motorola Type II UHF 406-512 MHz) *
* E1 (Motorola Type I and Hybrid) **
* Ed (EDACS® Wide Band: 9600 band)***
* Ed SCt (EDACS Scat)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Bullmax, it would be helpful if we knew what system you were trying to program. In many cases, a hybrid system is programmed as a type 1 with a specific fleetmap. Our database might have the answer as to what the correct fleetmap would be.

The database can be accessed by hitting the Database link under the RadioReference logo in the top left. Follow the various pulldowns; supply the URL of the system you are trying to program.

Questions posted in the state where this system resides might prove fruitful, if the database doesn't have the answer.

73 Mike

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Bct8

Note that the frequencies of the system you want to monitor are 800 MHz freqs. The only selection from the list you provided which is 800 MHz is "E2-800 (Motorola Type II 800 MHz)".

I had one of those scanners here the other night to program. I had an issue in getting it to work in control channel only mode. None of the plans (1-4) they provided matched the system I was programming it for. My solution was to program all TRS frequencies and not use CC only mode. You may need to do the same, but there are so few frequencies it shouldn't be an issue.

Bullmax

Note that the frequencies of the system you want to monitor are 800 MHz freqs. The only selection from the list you provided which is 800 MHz is "E2-800 (Motorola Type II 800 MHz)".

I had one of those scanners here the other night to program. I had an issue in getting it to work in control channel only mode. None of the plans (1-4) they provided matched the system I was programming it for. My solution was to program all TRS frequencies and not use CC only mode. You may need to do the same, but there are so few frequencies it shouldn't be an issue.

Can you please explain this another way, not quite sure what you mean. Thanks.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Can you please explain this another way, not quite sure what you mean. Thanks.
The Scanner can trunk track different kinds of systems; EDACS, LTR or Motorola. But Motorola type systems can be in UHF (400 MHz) or 800 MHz (or other non-supported bands).

Older scanners required that all frequencies of a TRS be entered. Newer scanners only require "control channel frequencies". Some scanners, like this one, are selectable between "control channel only" or requiring all frequencies be programmed (control channel only OFF).

When I read the manual on this scanner, NONE of the options it presented for control channel only mode fit the frequencies used in my area. So it appears that the only option that would work is to turn CC ONLY MODE = OFF and program in all frequencies.

Someone I know tried an experiment with this scanner. He programmed 5 banks with the first bank as CCONLY PL1, the second bank as CCONLY PL2, .... and the fifth bank as CCONLY OFF with all frequencies programmed. Then press scan and see which option works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.