BCT8 Firmware Update Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirNaTine

I attempted to update the firmware on my BCT8 Scanner. It started and got as far as erase step and then stop. I got the communication error message. I have made sure nothing else is using the com port. I have even tried using another computer to completed update, Now I just have a blank screen. Any suggestions ? Thanks

FirNaTine

IS the master reset the l/O, Pri 6 button combination, ? I ahev tried that and it doesnt work either

mldksd09

Dyer NEED help!!! update

So i tried to update my bct8... started out fine... erased old firmware and was intalling new firmware... got all the way to the end.. and of course, "Connection Error" . no i have a blank screen with the alert light on. tried reset, (every one of them i could find on the internet) and nothing.. so it deleted old firmware and didnt put anything.. i have tried EVERYTHING!!! what could my problem be? im using a serial to usb cable... in the past, i couldnt use the BCT8SS software.. only would pull about 5 channels and time out.. but the arc8 software would work... somethings werird here.. need help asap lol thanks guys

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There are some USB --> Serial adapters that just don't do a very good job with a near-saturated data load. Ultimately, the answer is "reapply the update, following all steps" but you might need to be sure you are using the latest driver for your adapter, and might even have to try a different adapter (or a PC with a native RS232 port).

fshndean38

There are some USB --> Serial adapters that just don't do a very good job with a near-saturated data load. Ultimately, the answer is "reapply the update, following all steps" but you might need to be sure you are using the latest driver for your adapter, and might even have to try a different adapter (or a PC with a native RS232 port).

Did you solve this? I am stuck now with everything erased.

Status
Not open for further replies.