Bct8 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cole_gerhardt

I have a Bct8 that I got from a friend to program for him. I have 2 other bct8 scanners of my own that I have programed and they work fine all programing was done with the keypad no software. The problem I am having is I programed the scanner and I cannot get it to receive any traffic the screen is scanning and it is on the right bank I can have my Ht1550 next to it talking fine and the scanner is silent. I am just trying to scan basic vhf. I programed this the same as the 2 I have and just can’t get it to work I am no expert I just wondered if there was some kind of advanced setting I needed to change that I’m not aware of any help would be great.

RICHPERK

Premium Subscriber
My bct-8 does the same thing, The thing will not trunktrack, and this is with using ARC software. Worst scanner I ever purchaced.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Bct 8

I have a Bct8 that I got from a friend to program for him. I have 2 other bct8 scanners of my own that I have programed and they work fine all programing was done with the keypad no software. The problem I am having is I programed the scanner and I cannot get it to receive any traffic the screen is scanning and it is on the right bank I can have my Ht1550 next to it talking fine and the scanner is silent. I am just trying to scan basic vhf. I programed this the same as the 2 I have and just can’t get it to work I am no expert I just wondered if there was some kind of advanced setting I needed to change that I’m not aware of any help would be great.
So you programmed via keyboard same as yours? Did you try cloning? If you have a cord in both pc ports, then clone from yours to the "Friend's" scanner. The steps should be available in the manual BCT8 - The RadioReference Wiki

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.