BCT8??? Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csvt17

Hi Im new and just got a BCT8...I programmed all of Livonia's Fire Radio Frequencies into Bank 1 all in the correct order...

I then programmed all of the AFS ID numbers that I want to hear into each of the radio frequencies...

Ill hit "search" and it displays "ID Scan"...and I dont hear anything at all...no talking as of yet, and Ive had it for 5 or 6 hours now.

Did I do something wrong programming the numbers? Or is there another search option?

What I wanna do overall is scan all of the AFS ID numbers I have programmed at once, so I dont have to keep manually going through and doing it...SOMEONE HELLLP!!

wesct

csvt17 said:
Hi Im new and just got a BCT8...I programmed all of Livonia's Fire Radio Frequencies into Bank 1 all in the correct order...

I then programmed all of the AFS ID numbers that I want to hear into each of the radio frequencies...

Ill hit "search" and it displays "ID Scan"...and I dont hear anything at all...no talking as of yet, and Ive had it for 5 or 6 hours now.

Did I do something wrong programming the numbers? Or is there another search option?

What I wanna do overall is scan all of the AFS ID numbers I have programmed at once, so I dont have to keep manually going through and doing it...SOMEONE HELLLP!!

sounds like its a edacs or ltr type trunking system...but of course, we need more info

wesct

csvt17

Yes it is a EDACS trunked system..

I got the frequencies in proper order...and entered the ID's as a decimal...

Should the AFS feature be on? because if its not, the ID numbers will change, for example, one ID number is 06-021...if AFS isn't on, itll change to 785...Does that matter?

I also saw the little numbers before each freq., but what do you mean they need to be in those channels? As long as their in proper order, there good right?

Can you enter more than one ID number for every one freq.?

I guess I have done everything correctly as decribed so far, its just getting the ID numbers right I need help with.

Freq # Freq
01 866.71250*
02 867.30000*
03 867.78750*
04 868.30000
05 868.82500

Freq 1 in your bank must be 866.7125. If the BCT 8 has a frequency 0 it must be skipped. If you select AFS then use the 06-021 otherwise use 785. I found entering deciaml to be the easier route.

ID's do not correlate to a frequency. Any frequency can carry all id's.

seamusg

csvt17 said:
Yes it is a EDACS trunked system..

I got the frequencies in proper order...and entered the ID's as a decimal...

Should the AFS feature be on? because if its not, the ID numbers will change, for example, one ID number is 06-021...if AFS isn't on, itll change to 785...Does that matter?

I also saw the little numbers before each freq., but what do you mean they need to be in those channels? As long as their in proper order, there good right?

Can you enter more than one ID number for every one freq.?

I guess I have done everything correctly as decribed so far, its just getting the ID numbers right I need help with.
I don't know how to programe the BCT8, but have programed Livonia on three different scanners and I know it's a busy system. On a trunked system the only ID for a freq is ch 1, ch2, etc. There are no special freqs for FD only talk groups for for FD. You would be better off posting this in the Michigan Forum and state where you live. I can get Livonia from where I live at at times, but not all the time. It also helps everyone out if you put your location in your profile, that way they don't have to guess where you are at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.