BCT8 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil_0816

Couple months ago my scanner suddenly locks on Ch1 and does not do anything, squelch, pick up traffic, nothing. I can manually change to Ch2, 3, etc but it'll go back to Ch 1 due to Pri being on. It will stay on another chanel if Pri is off. Any channel will do nothing. No radio traffic, no squelch. I have done a manual reset numerous times. I've een through the manual which has a worthless troubleshooting guide. I've e-mailed the company and never got a response back. I've changed locatioins of where the radio has been sitting.

Ideas??

If my 560XLT had a few more channels I'd be content with that. That's been dependable since '94.

Phil_0816

Is there a trick to getting through to Support? If possible I'd like to see if it's just a simple fix of some type. I've called support numerous times and get put on hold for a 1/2 hr. I'm sorry if I came across a bit harsh before but I'm just getting frustrated constantly being on hold. I've always had good luck with Uniden/Bearcat but this 1 is being difficult. I have a 560XLT I bought in 1994 and it's still going strong. It actually got put back in my truck when the BCT8 died.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Uniden Representative
I've read your description, and it doesn't sound like anything that is a simple fix. A customer service rep isn't going to be able to advise down to the component level on repair issues...the reply you will get is that it needs to be evaluated by repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.