BCT8 No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

zl2taw

Hey Guys,

My T8 has decided that it doesn’t want to play ball any longer.
When I power it up, & hit scan, it stops on every frequency (almost like the squelch is open, regardless where the squelch is set too) but there is no output . (Thinking it’s the AF output IC)
I can hear the key beeps when I push the buttons, and when I power up I get that beep as per normal
I have plugged in an external speaker but this makes no difference, tried different power supply, even gave it a slap around.

Anyone have any ideas ?

VernM

My BCT-8 has an open squelch. I tried asking Uniden for suggestions and they don't seem to have time for a long-time owner who doesn't have the latest rig, I guess. Anyone know someone who does good service work?

majoco

Stirrer
I have a BCT8 that works fine. Have you tried the low level audio output socket?
Somewhere on the 'mod' sites I have seen a mod to take audio direct from the detector IC before it goes through the de-emphasis networks, although I doubt that will be the fault as you have the squelch problem. Maybe the squelch pot is bust?

zl2taw

Hmm interesting find, today I turned it on, had the squelch hiss, then after about 5secs it went quiet again
Looks like I need to find a repair man here in VK for sure, thanks guys for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.