bct8 not storing freq. properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shores

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had any advice.
I was using the butel demo version to upload with ease, and it expired.
I went to update some of the freq. by hand (remote is now off, but I have tried with it on as well) and it is having problems updating a certain freq.

I have 2 freq's which are very close to each other for the same company, incremented.
one is 166.5875, and one is 166.59
When I put in 166.5875, it is automatically rounded it off in the scanner (BCT8) to 166.59, so therefore I can't actually put in the second entry, as it thinks it is already there by accident.

Is there any way to fix this bug so it doesn't keep rounding off my frequencies when I enter by hand????

Thanks.

shores

cool thanks I'll check that when I get home.
Weird thing is...
It is allowing it for all my other frequencies, just that one particular one :(
Is there an easy way to set those?
It's not trunked just conventiional freq.

shores

i checked and I didn't see any steps, the default in that freq. range is 5khz, so I should be able to put anything in there, but it keeps rounding up.
Checked the manual, don't see anyting in there either :(

Anyone have any ideas?
It says it will round up to the nearest proper frequency, but 166.5875 is a valid freq...

Barney6

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a BCT8, but I have a 780, 796,296. Try this: Press Menu>Scan Option>Conventional>Enter channel No.> then it should take you to Steps. If not, then after you enter the channel no. scroll for steps press enter and scroll till you get to 12.5Khz and press enter, then enter the frequency, Chuck.

shores

No menu button on the BCT8.
I'll put the freq in and use the up arrows and see what I get later :)
thanks!

shores

didn't work.
there's no menu on the bct8, and if i enter the freq and hit E to enter, it says its taken by 204 when this freq is 205, but 204 is 166.59, and the one i am entering is 166.5875, and i have other freq of this step in this freq range so it isn't glitching totally.
also, if i put in freq and use arrows it gives error, so i don't see what to do without factory resetting and hope that helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.