BCT8 or 780XLT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbecker1963

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to get a scanner because my Pro-51 is Ancient. Where I live there is only one Municipality using P25 and if I can't monitor it, I'll live. Only trunked system is State Police, MOT II.

Pros and Cons?

I'm also watching a 785D. It does not have the P25 card but I could always get that later when I save up some more sheckels.

Many years ago, I had a BC and right now, I'm sure I'd rather have a BC versus GRE or Radio Shack.

Your input will be greatly appreciated. BTW...I run a towing service at nights and the scanner is beyond hobby, at this point. Also, I've purchased one of those Super Snoop Daddy antenna's because I dwell in an apartment. Thanks.

Ray

SuperTex

I have the 780 (x2) and 785. I still use them every day and we have quite a bit of P25 around here.
I bought a 780 in 2001 when they came out and once I figgered it out I loved it, and still do.
I don't think you can go wrong with a 780 or a 785 if it works. I don't know a lot about the BCT-8 but I think you can get a 780 for a bit less than the BCT-8, a few dollars not much.

rbecker1963

Premium Subscriber
SuperTex...

Appreciate the input. Now I'm certain that the 785 would be the best. Fallback will be the 780 and my 3rd choice is the BCT8. The BCT8 does not have alpha-numerics. This forum has been very helpful. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.