BCT8 program cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you're using a newer PC, then you don't have serial (RS232) ports - but you do have USB. You will need a USB-serial cable. Fortunately there are many off the shelf ones that have reportedly been used on older Unidens with great success. Some of them are listed in our wiki, along with some notes about loading drivers and using Windoze Device Manager...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

Hopefully others will chime in here and recommend something that was successful with connecting to the BCT8. The USB-1 isn't rated to work with such an old scanner.

Best Regards...Mike

yukon

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I just did some programming with my BC8T last night. It will take a straight through RS232 cable (not a NULL modem cable) . I used a newer Gateway laptop with no Serial port, so I had to use a Usb to serial adapter. Everything worked great, just be sure to set the baud correctly on the scanner and for your serial adapter. I did find the instructions were not complete with the Uniden BC8T software as it didn't mention to hit the "E" key to properly set the baud rate in the scanner. good luck

coloradomom

I get very few analog frequencies here in Colorado,since the state of,, Colorado is digital.
So mybe its time to get rid of all the analog scanners .

Status
Not open for further replies.