bct8 programming HELP! please

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
well as usual, after reading several posts and threads on programming the bct8, I am as confused as ever???
it turns out I may not be as patient as I thought I was,
I have had the bct8 scanner for several years now but didn't realize just how feature packed the bct8 was until I got my 396xt and started learning the process of programming, I had a lot of help programing the 396 from "joncleve" here on RR, after getting the 396 programmed I started looking into the bct8 and realized I wasn't nearly using it to it's full potential, so I started trying to program it, after realizing just how little I know about programming the frustration started to set in.
I used freescan to program the 396xt, I have been trying to program the bct8 manually without software, I really don't want to pay 50 bucks for the software.

I was told that the first step is admitting that I have a problem,

OK,
1. I have a problem!

and the second step is admitting what the problem is!

OK,
2. I don't know how to program the bct8!

and the third step is asking for help!

OK,
3. Could someone please help me program my bct8, in laymans terms, a "programming the bct8 for Dummies" if you will.

seriously, any help would be greatly appreciated!

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
speaking to you from my padded cell now, I thank you for the link, but I must tell you that i have already seen this, but for you I promise to try again to interpret the info to the best of my ability!
I am very glad that you were able to save your marriage, but ironically that in itself puts in question your freedom....LOL
anyway i am still open for flashcard style help!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What system(s) are you trying to program? Go up to the blue toolbar under the site title, float your mouse over Database, select the frequency database and use the pulldowns to get to your state and systems. It's a little hard doing this long distance unless we have a bit more info.
Be more specific about what is giving you problems.

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.