BCT8 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

215ax1

Is there anyone who can direct me to a "Simple" way to program the above trunk tracking scanner. I realize that I can get all the information on this site to do it but just trying to figure how to actually enter all the stuff into the scanner is just a mental block for me.. Thanks for any advice given
Paul

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Hi Paul-

I have a BCT8 and have also had some trouble programming in trunking systems. I am not sure how much help I can be, but before I try, I just want to confirm: Are you trying to program conventional or trunking frequencies into the scanner?

215ax1

I purchased this scanner a few years ago and had someone take it and program in conventional and some trunk tracking frequencies. So there are already some programmed in to the scanner and it does work. I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada and here the RCMP are not trunked but EMS is for example. There seems so many layers you have to go through I would love to see a breakdown and simple ( if possible) explanation of each layer so I could understand rather than just pushing buttons and hoping for the best. I have been reading some information on this site. Also I wondered if there is information where transmission towers are located as the signal from the EMS is very weak and I am only about 5 miles from their base station... thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.