BCT8 Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddley

Hey gang,

I'm relatively new to scanning and the new Trunking type radio systems. I have programmed my BTC-8(after much frustration) with a mixture of different trunked systems, monitoring EDACS, E2-800 and E2-Hi. I have them programmed into different banks as described in the manual. I have my "AFS" ID's programmed and have all the active banks turned on... However, I've sometimes noticed that the unit will suddenly stop tracking the trunked frequencies, and "ID scan" won't scroll across the display, simply "scan", which I believe is only scanning the conventional channels.. If I press "trunk", search through the channels manually and let it lock unto the CC's, and then press "trunk" again, this seems to rectify the problem. The display and scanning returns to normal, with "ID Scan" "B1", "B2", and "B3" once again scrolling across the screen... Is this normal behaviour? It receives and scans conventional channels just fine, but sometimes it seems to "get stupid", or is this a bug, or perhaps even a faulty unit? It's the model with the NASCAR logo under the display. Unit is three days old, and is on pretty much all the time. Other than that, I have no complaints--so far at least. This has me stumped. Any suggestions/advice?

73's!
Brad

Diddley

I did some troubleshooting, and I seem to have traced it to the fact that I'm losing the CC's occasionally. The signal gets too weak for the radio, or whatever. I'll keep an eye on it.

Diddley

Computer...

It WAS my computer after all! For some strange reason, I could NOT trunk when I had my scanner sitting on top of the computer tower. I assume it had something to do with the power supply of the computer. All is well now. I have located the scanner about 5 feet away from my tower and so far, so good. Problem seems to be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.