Bct8 Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner33

I have a bct 8 It stoped working when my county narrow banded I installed the rebanding update still nothing this scanner was programed when I got it I Live in Jackson county kansas And would like to have the local fire and police I am not sure if these are trunking cannals or not I read somthing about rebanding tables on here do I need to enter them? Any help would be great thanks.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Uniden Representative
Narrowbanding should not affect your ability to receive the channels on the BCT8 (and has nothing to do with the rebanding update). However, I do see that some of the agencies have moved to the statewide system, which is entirely digital. The BCT8 can't receive those at all.

Go to Jackson County, Kansas (KS) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference and identify the channels you are actually trying to get. Your description above is really not enough to provide any more specific help.

gunner33

Would the rebanding update have to be done to make them work? I would like to listen to 155.95500 vhf. There is no way that I know of to check to see if the update worked.
I have programed the vhf freqs into the scanners private bank and it never stops scanning I have tried different antennas. I know there is traffic on the freqs because my ht1550 can sit next to it and talk all day long. Does this scanner require pl tones like my Motorola radio does? The scanner just stopped working after the county narrow banded. I have programed 2 other bct8 scanners and they work just fine im lost as to what I did wrong. My freqs are not trunking freqs correct?

DJ88

155.9550 is a conventional frequency, not trunked. Did you check to make sure the frequencies or the bank you have those frequencies programmed in aren't locked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.