BCT8 Scanning Trunked Freqs. Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchamp3681

Hey everyone!

I am new to scanning. I bought a Uniden BCT8, Read all the articles and manuals I could find, Joined RR, Updated the subscription to allow me to use the web service, Purchased the ARC8 software and installed, Got the serial to usb cable, Established communication with the scanner, and downloaded the frequency data bases in our area. Only problem No Huntsville trunked calls. I live in East Limestone. Can anyone help out a newbie?

Thanks for your time in advance.

dchamp3681

Yes the BCT8 will do trunking

It took me a week to understand how to program it though. No one has clear instructions. I had N_ALSCAN to talking with me about it. He streams some Huntsville scanner traffic. I could not have figured it out without his help.

First I had to upgrade the firmware because of the Huntsville rebanding.The link is on the RR site and the Uniden site.

Next I purchased the ARC8 programming software from scannermaster.

Then upgraded my RR subscription to allow direct downloading from their web service. (It is possible to program all of the frequencies manually). I went the easy route. It only took a week LOL.

Here is the tricky part that no one tells you. *** With the trunked system desired selected check all the boxes. Then uncheck the boxes that you don't want to listen to.

In the trunking tab Ion the ARC8 software had to select trunking system type, turn on ignore end signal, and set the tab to plan 2 for the Huntsville Public safety system.

The scanner has to be set to remote. (press and hold the ( . ) on the BCT8 pick the baud rate. and establish communication with the computer containing the software.

Next upload the data to the scanner selecting all the trunking boxes.

I hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.