BCT8 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
Hello!

I am looking for the factory software the Uniden supplies with the BCT8. I lost my CD and need something to program my scanner with. Does anyone know if that software will support rebanding as well?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There are 2 that might qualify - ARC8 (available from Scanner Master) and perhaps Scan Control. I would recommend ARC8 simply because Gommert is still around to do support - Scan Control hasn't been changed in 2 years, and I'm not sure Ken is still supporting it.

I would be surprised if ARC8 hasn't been changed for rebanding...but Gommert can answer that question....remember you must also upgrade the firmware in the BCT8 to support rebanding. Both are required; one won't work without the other.

best regards..Mike

lep

ARC8 can be purchased direct from Butel by downloading from their web site. See their web site for details. No need to use a dealer, you can deal directly with the maker and be using the program in a few minutes if you wish. The author, Gommert Buysen is often on the appropriate yahoo discussion forums and will answer questions. He travles extensively so sometimes it takes a while for him to catch up.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
?? Are you talking about their e-scanner software or the scanner's firmware ?? This is very unclear. The BCT8 IS supported for rebanding, here's the link...

BCT8FirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Mike

Yes, the radio supports rebanding and has a firmware update to do so.

The software that Uniden sells (the "full version" of what came with your radio) does not support rebanding.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, I see. You're quite right of course, the whole concept of rebanding didn't come about until much later than the release date of this scanner.

A shame that Uniden didn't decide to keep up with the software changes, but I guess I can't blame them. The market is very narrow for this sort of thing, and it wouldn't be a big money maker to them

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.