bct8 to pc connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
Hello
I'm new here and this is my first post, i have seen similar post to this but need to ask it a little differently, I have a uniden bct8 and trying to connect to a newer laptop with windows 7 with a serial/usb cable and only using the demo software that came with the scanner, I have the baud rate set and the Comm port set, but cant seem to make anything happen, this really shouldn't be this difficult, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Scott

Comint

Premium Subscriber
Hello
I'm new here and this is my first post, i have seen similar post to this but need to ask it a little differently, I have a uniden bct8 and trying to connect to a newer laptop with windows 7 with a serial/usb cable and only using the demo software that came with the scanner, I have the baud rate set and the Comm port set, but cant seem to make anything happen, this really shouldn't be this difficult, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Scott
Have you put the scanner in Remote Mode?

--
Comint

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
yes i do have it in remote mode. i downloaded the arc8 time restricted demo software and it works fine, but the bct8 software doesn't work, it acted like it wanted to work a time or two but then give an error msg about data connection and to check the remote settings on the scanner

W2PMX

Make sure that the serial port (in Windows, in the Device Manager) speed is at least as high as the scanner speed. You can throttle the port and if it's throttled to slower than the scanner, it won;'t work. (Or you can lower the bridge if you don't want to raise the water - lower the scanner speed to the port speed. As long as the port is at least as fast as the scanner, it should work.)

Then you have to set the software to the same speed as the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.