BCT8 Trunking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

I really didnt know if this should go in the trunking forum or here...

Hopefully this is an easy question for some, I never had this happen on other scanners.

On my BCT8 everything is programmed properly, and I get quite a bit of stuff, BUT
I do get IDs that show up but they have the sound of the control channel theres 3 or 4 different IDs that come up, AND the thing is when I lock these IDs out they dont stay locked out, but a voice ID does stay locked out.

Ive used the data key but that doesnt seem to help(as the manual says in trunking)

Is this a common issure, have Messed up somewhere, or is there somthing wrong with my scanner?

Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Sounds like a programming issue. You shouldn't hear the CC at all. What system are you trying to program? 73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would not use any of the preloaded systems in the BCT8 - the radio is quite old, and the data is of questionable value by now.

The database shows that there are a few digital talkgroups (which the BCT8 cannot handle) and a few encrypted ones (which nothing will handle). The majority of the system is analog, though, so building a scan list with only the tgs you want to hear would be the way to go.

It wouldn't surprise me if more talkgroups went digital in the future on this system. The Oklahoma forum would be the place to ask about this, of course 73 Mike

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The BCT8 works quite well with the OK DPS system. Sounds like you need to go back and read the manual and follow the instructions to the letter when programming. Don't forget the cc's are in blue and red. btw, the programmed in OK system is almost accurate, and you should get good reception, (I do), what tower(s) are you trying to listen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.