bd996t programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman24333

Premium Subscriber
ok, i had an older friend who wants me to program his scanner a bcd996t he bought it used and no programming cable so i need to do it manually. he wants guilford county, greensboro and nchp anyone know what systems i need to program. im used to doing my pro96 onto which i use rr site to do that.

Last edited:

ka3nxn

Premium Subscriber
Most of NC is on the Viper system. I can't emphasize enough that you need to program this scanner using a PC. I too have a 996T and would not even consider trying to program the Viper system on my scanner by hand.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's better than pulling your hair out and spinning your wheels needlessly.

iceman24333

Premium Subscriber
yep thats what i th/ought. if i get the cable does anyone have a file for this area? also iv'e looked and i think my bcd996t should not need to be rebanded or does it

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Most of Greensboro and Guilford County traffic is on their system (not VIPER), but to monitor NCSHP you will need to program the Greensboro, or Riverdale, or both VIPER site(s). I'm probably not the "expert" that some guys are, but I work in the Greensboro area, and monitor during my commute and occasionally during the day. If you don't get any other replies, I'll be glad to help as much as I can. Caveat: I do not own a '996.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Are you in the Guilford County area as well? Which part of the county will your friend be monitoring from (Summerfield, High Point, McLeansville, etc.)? Which agencies are he interested in monitoring? If you feel more comfortable, you are welcome to e-mail me with your reply. My address is kc4wsd (at) gmail (dot) com.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what happened to my post just now . . . Anyway, I was asking which part of Guilford County your friend lives (Summerfield, High Point, McLeansville, Greensboro, etc.), and which agencies he likes to monitor. If you'd feel more comfortable using e-mail, my address is kc4wsd (at) gmail (dot) com.

iceman24333

Premium Subscriber
i live in galax va - he wants to monitor guilford county police, fire, and ems - hiway patrol - same for greensboro and i will email u to

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
The area of the county where your friend lives may play a factor in the agencies (and talkgroups) he will be interested in monitoring. If he lives in McLeansville, for example, he probably won't be all that interested in monitoring High Point PD. I'll wait for your e-mail. Again, there are probably guys on here who are better suited to respond, and I welcome any assistance from the peanut gallery.

iceman24333

Premium Subscriber
well dont know much about the area but as far as i know he lives in guilford co.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.