BDC536 Clock Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brennank

BCD536 Clock Battery

Does the radio need to be on for the internal battery to charge?
I would have thought just being plugged in would be enough. I have not been able to use my scanner much, just a few minutes here and there. Every single time I have started it I had to enter in the time. It is really starting to get annoying. So if it doesn't charge while the scanner is in the off position but still plugged in I guess I will leave my scanner on for a few days and see if that makes any difference.

Sorry if this is a repeat, my searches came up with nothing.

Last edited:

mrkelso

My 536 has been on for several days non stop. this morning i turned it off to move it and when i turned it back on the clock was wrong. It's got me scratching my head.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
My 536 has been on for several days non stop. this morning i turned it off to move it and when i turned it back on the clock was wrong. It's got me scratching my head.

My reading of UPMan's "Keeping the Time in the Do This First Post" I think the 536 does have to be ON to charge the clock battery, so this probably is not the problem.

We will assume the clock was set properly to start with and since your 536 did not ask you to set the time/date I would say the clock battery was charged, therefore, the oscillator circuit may have a problem that keeps the time.

How much was the time off?

None of the "Dallas Real Time Clocks" on my computer motherboards are very accurate so I use a site on the internet that automatically keeps my system clock accurate, but we do not have that option with the scanners, yet.

Of course, the time is only needed AFAIK to time-stamp our recording files but you bring up a point I had not considered.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.