BDCD536 wont scan P25 Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have a 536 that refuses to scan the two PII systems I have on the SD Card.. The systems don't even show up in the favorites list to even be turn on..
Any Ideas?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
1) check favorite lists are set to monitor=on and download=on in profile within Sentinel
2) check that any assigned favorite list quick key is on
3) check service types are enabled
4) check that you have selected appropriate sites to go along with talk groups in the P25 system

Probably #1, based on not showing up to be turned on.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have a 536 that refuses to scan the two PII systems I have on the SD Card.. The systems don't even show up in the favorites list to even be turn on..
Any Ideas?
Did you create a Favorites list, with both of the systems, in Sentinel? And, if you did, did you also use Sentinel to write the lists to the scanner?

Also, once you make sure the lists have been downloaded to the scanner, be sure hat your location and range are set if you plan to use location control.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Which 2 systems are you attempting to scan? I assume one is York County. If you can export a hpe file of the favorites list and attach it, we can check it for programming errors.

Last edited:

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Service types are ALL enabled.. Favorite lists are created.. System is in range..

When I set Monitor and Download to on, IT WORKS !!.. Thanks a million !!

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Well spoke too soon... The system is now "scanning" at least it shows on the screen now BUT it is deaf.. The service types are all on, Download is ON, Monitor is ON..But it is hearing NOTHING.. What did I miss?

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Take the .TXT off.. Here ya go..

Attachments

• York.hpe.txt
    3 KB · Views: 10

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Which 2 systems are you attempting to scan? I assume one is York County. If you can export a hpe file of the favorites list and attach it, we can check it for programming errors.
Posted the HPE file

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I don't see anything wrong with your favorites list for York (maybe someone else will), but when comparing to mine I noticed that my frequencies for this system were all off by .00005 mhz

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I don't see anything wrong with your favorites list for York (maybe someone else will), but when comparing to mine I noticed that my frequencies for this system were all off by .00005 mhz
That last digit (fifth decimal place) is not significant. If you were to review the frequencies via the scanner's menu, that last digit is not there either.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Scan the database for your area after updating it to the latest. Do you hear anything that way?

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
When I hear anything, it sounds like its trying to listen to Both slots at once.. I see that the system type is P25 and not TDMA X2.. As a Phase 2 system, I thought it had to be TDMA.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
LSM interference? Can other x36 scanners scan this system? I know on our Harris P25 Phase 2 system (Harrisonburg City & Rockingham County, VA) my x36 scanners do ok, but are not perfect. And there are areas in the county where they have issues decoding the control channel, as well.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
When I hear anything, it sounds like its trying to listen to Both slots at once.. I see that the system type is P25 and not TDMA X2.. As a Phase 2 system, I thought it had to be TDMA.
No. TDMA X2 is obsolete. It's for a P25 variant that AFAIK isn't used any more, anywhere. P25 can mix phaseI and II, in a single system, so you can't have a separate system type. Regular P25 trunked has to support both.

Simulcast is a possibility. If the system is being scanned and you see signal bars, but get garbled audio or nothing, you probably need to upgrade to a SDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.