Beachwood/Pepper Pike now on MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8KIC

Premium Subscriber
13624 Beachwood/Pepper Pike now on MARCS
I wish I could download this new TG from Sentinel. I’m obviously doing something wrong. Using Version 2.02 and everything else for Cuyahoga County Law (MARCS) downloads with the exception of this new listing. You can tell I’m a total newbie on Sentinel. Lol!

Nasby

You can easily add it manually by going through the "edit favorites" menu.

W8KIC

Premium Subscriber
You can easily add it manually by going through the "edit favorites" menu.
I was able to do that with South Euclid/Richmond Heights PD, who just moved over to GCRCN. However, I wasn’t able to do so with Beachwood/Pepper Pike PD, who of course are now on Ohio MARCS as of a day or so. I probably jumped the gun way to early.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
FYI .. Any new Talkgroup submitted to database will not show until update next Monday .

EdAzalia

What's with the 95 prefix RIDs? Loaners? Forgot to change to 18? Hmmm?

EdAzalia

They are giving Beachwood car numbers and PD actions goings on - lights and sirens....

Swipesy

What's with the 95 prefix RIDs? Loaners? Forgot to change to 18? Hmmm?

Ed, I have now captured 11 different 95xxxxx radio ID's from the TG 13624 Beachwood/Pepper Pike Dispatch. It is looking like you are right that the RID's were not changed from a batch of radios acquired by Beachwood/Pepper Pike.

Swipesy

Ihave not figured out which RID's are Beachwood and which are Pepper Pike. They are not tied to their unit numbers.

EdAzalia

I'm mostly just logging not listening. I've only heard Beachwood units but didn't write them down.

Hummer8290

Premium Subscriber
They are currently borrowing equipment from Pepper pike until they have enough radios for everyone. At the moment they are dispatching badge numbers instead of car numbers for time being but they are still adding either "12" or "62" before badge numbers

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
They are currently borrowing equipment from Pepper pike until they have enough radios for everyone. At the moment they are dispatching badge numbers instead of car numbers for time being but they are still adding either "12" or "62" before badge numbers

My guess would be that these are most likely loaner radios from MARCS. Get 'em online quick and start collecting those user fees, yee-hah!

EdAzalia

We are aware of the car numbers. What we want to know is what RIDs are associated with which city.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
We are aware of the car numbers. What we want to know is what RIDs are associated with which city.

Don't get too worked up about Radio IDs just yet; if agencies are using loaner radios, they're certain to change before too long.

Reactions: wdz

EdAzalia

Not to worry Tom. I'm really not actually listening much anymore - just logging for the wiki. Although I used to frequent Beachwood and actually worked there back in the day. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.