Beale Air Force Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I'm up in Butte County and am able to (just barely) get the Beale Air Force Base P25 system on my outdoor antenna here (blocked by some hills). But I have enough signal to get the system on Unitrunker.

I suspect the base is or will be going encrypted? I haven't copied any voice traffic yet, but most of the 53xx/54xx talkgroup are now patched to 15xx talkgroups and the radio IDs I can log are joining the new 1xxx talkgroups. You can see the patches in the first photo below. The second photo shows some of the radio IDs that I've been able to capture and what channels they are on.

I've gone ahead and labeled the new 15xx talkgroups with what they are patched to and a (new) added on, as seen below.

BealeAFB5.PNG

BealeAFB4.PNG

BealeAFB3.PNG

Attachments

• BealeAFB.PNG
    BealeAFB.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 9

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
They've had traffic in the clear on some TG's in the past. This might explain why it was silent when driving through on the 4th with a radio load that only had the 5xxx ID's. If the radio ID's are connecting to the 15xx TGID, then if the patch is off or not bi-directional then I'd be silent I suppose. Granted I was only monitoring for a 1 hour window on the 4th but in the past I usually get a few hits while mobiling through. But I also have a wildcard in there that should have picked up any 15xx traffic, if it wasn't encrypted. :unsure:

You staying in Butte now or just traveling?

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Just visiting. We have a family home in the higher portion of Oroville (heading towards the dam) that has a good view of the valley.

I have a VHF/UHF that I put on the roof when were here every few weeks/months.

Status
Not open for further replies.