Bearcat 210XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

raski

Hello new to the forum. A while back, I accidently brushed against the antenna of my Bearcat 210Xl scanner producing a static discharge. It hasn't picked up a signal since. I would like to tinker with this and can do component level repairs, I do not have a schematic on this. I would appreciate any suggestions and directions. I believe I may have blown the RF amps.

raski

Problem resolved. I thought there were technical people here. I guess not.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

There are. It's also the holidays. Lots of people traveling, some of us trying to wrap up work projects before the end of the year, lots of family functions. Playing on the internets isn't top priority for most of us, especially this time of year. Doesn't hurt to "bump" a thread if you think it's been missed.

What was the root cause and how did you fix it?

rbm

Just saw this thread.
I read the forums most every day and missed this one.

Like mmckenna said, people are busy this time of year.

By the way, I do have schematics for the 2006, 210, and 250 series scanners.
I don't know how much difference there is between the BC210 and BC210XL, but I would 'guess' the front end is similar.

Rich

raski

Bearcat 210 XL Help

Hello, I am new to the forum and there is a lot of good reading here.
I have a Bearcat 210XL scanner which was working well until I accidently brushed against the antenna, creating a static discharge. As a result, I cannot receive any transmissions. All functions seem to be working but it appears the front end is damaged. I am a retired electronic technician and would like to keep this vintage scanner going if possible.I would really appreciate any suggestions and experiences anyone has with this scanner. Thank you.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Bizarre. Is he a Nigerian scammer by chance? 😂

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
But according to the same post last year it was resolved.

So was it really not resolved? Or is this a troll post? Or did the exact same thing happen again almost 1 year later?

Things that make you go hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.