Bearcat BC72XLT or GRE PSR-100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I am trying to decide between a PSR-100 or a Bear BC72XLT. I have heard mixed reviews of the BC72XLT. I am starting into and I only need a basic scanner. The local frequencies aren't trunking. There isn't any 700 or 800 mhz frequencies. I am only looking to spend about $150 on one.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Uniden or GRE

Hey, I am trying to decide between a PSR-100 or a Bear BC72XLT. I have heard mixed reviews of the BC72XLT. I am starting into and I only need a basic scanner. The local frequencies aren't trunking. There isn't any 700 or 800 mhz frequencies. I am only looking to spend about $150 on one.

I've never owned a BC72xlt but I do own a BC92xlt. I think they both are basically the same except the "72" has only 100 channels. I would go with the GRE 100 in this case. My "92" just isn't as sensitive as my other units. My GRE units will be picking up a weak signal just talking away while my "92" just keeps on scanning. Hope this helps.

Chad

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I'd get a PSR-300, even though you don't need the extras now. I see the PSR-400 is on sale for $149, the '300 probably is as well. That's what I paid for mine and it included the shipping and the AC adapter.

hmm... I was looking on Scannermaster.com and they are including with the scanners now. Programming. They will program the scanner for the county where you live. If I choose the county where I live with the scanner it would only cost me $130 but I would only to get the PSR-300 at $150. Where you buy your scanners?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
or I could wait and get the PRO-164. Is the PRO-164 a better scanner?
The PRO-164 is the same scanner as the PSR-300. I'd get the '300 (I did) because it comes with the AC adapter and support (firmware upgades/etc) comes faster from GRE than from RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.