Bearcat BCD325P2 scan multiple systems

DatedGore

Premium Subscriber
I had read the manual and was trying to found out how I can scan multiple systems at once. Lets say an analog and a digital. I have programmed my scanner all nice and do have quick keys made. So i have all 5 of my systems enabled on quick keys but it will only scan one, how can i make it scan all that are enabled?

DatedGore

Premium Subscriber
I am not real familiar with that scanner but do you have the sites for each system enabled as well?
I believe so I dont have the scanner around right now but I have enabled all the quick keys for the systems, then only the first one I had one will scan but none of the others with it

So i have all 5 of my systems enabled on quick keys but it will only scan one, how can i make it scan all that are enabled?
I would double-check your programming.

Each trunked system needs Systems, then Groups, then Frequencies entered.

Each Conventional System just needs the Frequencies and optionally Talk Groups entered.

You can try temporarily removing the Quick Keys to eliminate any issue there.

You can review your programming using the Easier to Read Manual.

Good luck!

DatedGore

Premium Subscriber
But why? The more systems that are scanned at the same time increases your chances of missing traffic
It's not for me I am programming it for someone, they dont want all of them scanning but the analog and digital. I was just saying that even if I have them all enabled only one scans

DatedGore

Premium Subscriber
I would double-check your programming.

Each trunked system needs Systems, then Groups, then Frequencies entered.

Each Conventional System just needs the Frequencies and optionally Talk Groups entered.

You can try temporarily removing the Quick Keys to eliminate any issue there.

You can review your programming using the Easier to Read Manual.

Good luck!
Thank you I will take a look when I get home

scannersnstuff

I know this is a little memory wasteful.Since I like the KISS principal, I just assign my bank's and groups to a single quick key,like Aircraft 1,county fire 2. Work's for me,mostly because I don't have a lot to monitor. I hope this help's.

tvengr

Well Known Member
It's not for me I am programming it for someone, they dont want all of them scanning but the analog and digital. I was just saying that even if I have them all enabled only one scans
What is the city, county, and state of the person you are programming the scanner for and which agencies does he/she want to monitor? Are you using programming software? Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 6

wtp

it can be done, but i don't do quick key anything.
i just go to the system and unlock it.
i have had 10 things running at air shows.
7 systems, 2 custom searches, and close call.
nothing is big, just a few frequencies.
with the 396T i could hit function, lockout 10 times and all was then locked out, then i would put my county in.
with the 396XT and the 325P2 i had to hit function and then lockout twice to do the same.

the4gotn1

I understand exactly what the original poster is saying. I just got my 325 3 days ago and I finally have everything in where I want it. I have 7 systems all turned on, but the 325 only scans the one that is flashing. How do you get it to scan all active (turned on) systems?

wtp

yes, the fix for HOLD is more hold !

/with a nod to the cowbell thing.
it is a toggle thing so it then goes back to normal.

K3QQN

Premium Subscriber
I am not real familiar with that scanner but do you have the sites for each system enabled as well?
Make sure the quick key for the group is the same and enabled. If the groups aren't enabled you won't hear anything. ARC-XT will do that if you can't do it on the key pad.

PD47JD

Premium Subscriber
Daddarusianews;

Dear Dadda, I extend my sincerest apologies for causing any offense to my posts. In the future I shall refrain from posting anything which you may find offensive. I wish you the very best in all of your endeavors!

garys

Premium Subscriber
I learned something new about the 325p2. System hold is very useful.

yes, the fix for HOLD is more hold !

/with a nod to the cowbell thing.
it is a toggle thing so it then goes back to normal.