bearcat bct15x freq question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLANTA02

Hello i am pretty new to this scanner or any scanner. I got it to scan for HP and other interesting info..anyway I was trying to scan one particlar freq 155.300 and i cant seem to figure it out... any help here please..

I am in the San Francisco area

ATLANTA02

bearcat question

I just turned mine on and punched in 155.300 with no issues. What seems to not work?

this is a new scanner and ther things setting modulation ctcss/dcs tag, and so forth to scan just this freq

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Those other programming items CTCSS / DCS / etc. are not required or necessary to monitor a simple conventional frequency. Just enter the frequency only and listen.

Programming does get somewhat more complicated with trunked systems, but conventional frequencies should be easy-peasy.

John

ATLANTA02

Those other programming items CTCSS / DCS / etc. are not required or necessary to monitor a simple conventional frequency. Just enter the frequency only and listen.

Programming does get somewhat more complicated with trunked systems, but conventional frequencies should be easy-peasy.

John
Hello, Sorry for the late reply:
I would use one of the automated free software systems but the connector I have wont work on any of my 4 computers :) ... anyway I should know what some of these things are incase i need to made adjustments in the field. Anyway this is the setup for this Freq: please comment

1) conventional
2) `Freq - 155.300 it comes up as 155.3000 on my screen I am assuming thats ok?
3) CTCSS/DCS - OFF
4) NUMBERTAG - BLANK
5) MODULATION - AUTO
6) PRIORITY - OFF
7) ALERT - TONE - OFF
8) RECORD - OFF
9) LOCKOUT - UNLOCKED
10) VOLUME OFFSET - 0

At the moment i am only listening to this freq I may list to others but at the moment this is it...

Thanks for the help everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.