BCT15X: bearcat btc15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceeje7

Hello all new here I have a bearcat btc15x that stopped picking up my police frequency in scan mode if I put it on the channel manually it picks up

lu81fitter

I would say check your squelch setting. It may be set just high enough to not break the scan cycle. Other than that, check your antenna connections. Maybe something has come loose. The only other thing I can think of is if your local dept. changed their power output on their transmit tower and you are not receiving it as strong or they changed the tower they are transmitting on to a different location that is farther away from you. Hope this helps.
I have a BCT15X scanner and it works very well. I am very satisfied with the performance I get. Good luck.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Since it receives while holding but not while scanning it sounds like some type of setting. Just a few things come to mind which you could try:

Make sure you are not using attenuation.

Try not using PL tones or AGC, if you are using these.

Try changing the Modulation setting to FM or NFM instead of Automatic. I believe this may delay or prevent it from opening the audio while the auto function is deciding which mode to use.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually I think it's a scanning issue, since you hear the frequency if you put it on the channel manually. Did you create a group under a system, put the frequency in, then create a System Quick Key and Group Quick Key for it?

If you don't understand what I just said, this will help...

Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

See the 'Edit Channel Options Menu' section for setting PL tones.

MIke

ceeje7

Thankyou all for your help I figured it out there's more than one way to lock channels out I went an unlocked everything I don't know what I locked but it works lol thanks again all very helpful site here

Status
Not open for further replies.