bearcat lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

windchaser

was given an old bc lll with no crystals, power plug or antenna. anybody know were i can get parts needed and type of crystals it uses. thanks

jackj

Crystal

was given an old bc lll with no crystals, power plug or antenna. anybody know were i can get parts needed and type of crystals it uses. thanks

Your Bearcat III uses a 10.8 MHz IF. Do you have all three front-ends for the Rx?

windchaser

B/C lll

what should i be looking for? Is it inside the scanner and if so where? thanks

jackj

The front ends set which 2 bands the scanner could receive and they are printed circuit boards that plugged into the mother board. The scanner has mounting spots for 2 of the 3 available front ends. The crystals plug into the front end boards. The 3 front ends that were available covered Lo-band, Hi-band and UHF so you could customize the scanner to cover any 2 or the 3 bands.

As I mentioned before, your BC-III uses a 10.8 MHz IF (Intermediate Frequency). Most of it's contemporary scanners used a 10.7 MHz IF. I don't know why Bearcat was different unless they wanted to lock you in to buying their crystals.

windchaser

the inside is set up with module A+B per the card. it has crystals init but nothing for this area. thanks to all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.